Yesterday, I’ve been nominated for Liebster-award by Classy Cat Books. This is very exciting because this is the first nomination I’ve got. I am very happy and honored to be considered for this.
This is one of my first book review unrelated posts. I never know what to write about or how to participate in those daily blogger challenges. But I hope I’ll be able to do that soon.
So according to Classy Cat Books there are some rules that I must follow in this post.
First, I need to thank the person who nominated me and link back to their blog.
Second, I must post 11 facts about myself, answer 11 questions asked by the presenter, and nominate 11 of my own blogs.
Finally, I must display the Liabster Award logo.
This is very simple so I hope I do this properly.
11 Facts about me
- I am definitely not a writer. Although I write better than I speak sometimes. But mostly I write the way I speak. I do want to write a novel someday. I have so many ideas.
- I love languages. I only speak English, Russian, and Ukrainian but I am learning French right now. After I finish with French, I want to learn Spanish, Italian, German, Hebrew, Arabic, Japanese, etc. I doubt that I’ll manage all of this but who knows.
- I never leave a book unfinished. Even if I hate it and have no interest in reading it, I will still force myself to finish it. I feel like all books are special and they deserve to be respected. You cannot just judge a book by a few pages. Sometimes I have a certain opinion at the start of a book which changes completely by the end. It is not just to criticize a book if you haven’t read it fully. Sorry if I am being very critical, I mean no harm though. I understand how sometimes people just do not get into books or they are written poorly that you cannot read it anymore.
- I did not expect to actually enjoy blogging. I started my blog because obviously I love books and I would always love to talk about books with my friend. Everyone in my high school used to love reading so I have always had someone to talk to but since we graduated, everything changed. I am the only one who is still dedicated to reading while most of my friends stopped and had no interest in listening to me. Thus I started my blog so I can actually talk to people who like reading. I did not think that I would enjoy writing reviews because I am not a writer but this is fun.
- Coca-Cola is my only vice. I am seriously addicted to it. I drink coke almost every day. I don’t smoke, do drugs, or drink too much alcohol. I just drink coke 😛
- I have a cat. I honestly do not know what breed he is but he has white fur and green eyes. His name is Dollar because I got him for one dollar 😛 He is very lazy but when he is active, he can be evil. He sometimes reminds me of a dog (he chases his tail, and sticks out his tongue) also he reminds of a horse when he runs.
- I either love to be a social butterfly or a loner. I love going out, meeting new people, dancing, drinking, and having fun. But sometime I just want to live in a cabin in the woods, with no electricity, just candle light and thousands of books. I am sure we all feel like this.
- I do not tan, I just burn. There has been very nice weather recently. Yesterday I went to the beach. I stayed there for 3 hours and I was so happy because I thought I did not get burned but then I went out to dinner with my friends and I turned red as a tomato. I had to run out of the restaurant to the closest drug store so that I could buy after sun soothing lotion. I was very itchy and in pain. So today, I cannot go anywhere because I do not want to risk more sun exposure. White skin problems.
- I want to open a publishing company. I do not know when this will happen but I really hope it does. If I were to open a publishing company then my books would include a hard copy and PDF like some textbooks do. I am sure other publishing companies will start doing this soon. I carry my books everywhere and I know that ereaders make this simpler but I want the best of both worlds.
- Let’s talk Harry Potter. I would be in Slytherin. I always wanted Harry and Hermione to be together. (Don’t hate). I never cry in movies, but Harry Potter is one of the only once I did. I waited 12 hours outside the theater to see Deathly Hallows Part 2. On Wednesday, me and my friend went to see the Sorcerer’s Stone in theater because they are replaying all the films this summer. I do own them all on DVD and Blu-ray but it is just nice to do see it on the big screen. This is the second time we’re doing this.
- I am paranoid about technology. It freaks me out to think that you are on a camera most of the time. I hate how much technology controls our lives to the point where we cannot survive without it. I feel like freedom is not going to last and with all this technology it is so easy to control people. As I said, I am paranoid.
What is your favorite book genre?
I mostly read fiction. Fantasy especially. I used to love post-apocalyptic novels but now they all sound the same to me. I still read them though.
What is your favorite cereal?
I am not a morning person. I usually sleep through breakfast so I don’t usually eat breakfast food such as cereal. If I had to choose though, I would say Kellogg Krave. I am not a healthy person 😛
Why did you choose the topic you did for your blog?
Honestly, my blog is still a work in progress. I am not a huge fan of my name or the layout of my blog. I plan on changing it when I can think of something creative. I do have a layout planned out for my blog. I just need someone to help me create it.
What was(/is) your favorite subject in high school?
It changed from year to year. Usually it is the one I got the highest grade in 😛 So in grade 9 I would have said Art. Grade 10- leadership. Grade 11- History. Grade 12- English.
What is your favorite TV Show?
Now this is a tough one. My all-time favorite TV shows are Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Charmed. Now i love watching True Blood and The Walking Dead.
What is your favorite word and why?
I don’t have a favorite word, does anyone? Some words are pretty fascinating but they usually come from another language. Nothing comes to my mind right now.
What type of animal do you most identify with?
I love Lions. They are related to cats. They are super lazy at times but at the same time powerful. I envy them. But others would say that I am probably a monkey; crazy, silly, and weird.
Choose an adjective/adverb that starts with the same letter as your first name and also describes you.
Mischievous, modest, motivated, marvelous. I am all of those.
What’s your favorite Disney movie and/or song from a Disney movie?
The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast.
What type of music do you listen to?
Anything, it all depends on the mood I am in. I love Eminem, Rihanna, Muse, Linking Park, Marina and the Diamonds, Iggy Azalea, Justin Timberlake, Jem, …. And the list goes on.
How many words can you make from the letters in ‘Classy Cat’?
Ugh, I am terrible at this!!! Okay, there is class….ass….salsa….cast….say…at…a…. I am going to stop now.
I really do not know how to nominate people and I do not think I follow 11 blogs with under 200 followers. If I could I would just nominate all the people I follow and all the people that follow me.
Okay, so I hope I did this right and once again big thanks to Classy Cat Books.
Sorry if i have any spelling and grammar mistakes.